Disclaimer: While some of these gph values look extremely high, there's a huge variance in what you could actually get in 1 hour. For example, a farm could be 35gph, but the range of possible gph could be about 20gph to 37gph. Fishing is truly RNG. The more catches you can get, the more of a chance to get those high valued fish. The higher the bench, the higher your avg gph run will be.
Avg Node => Avg amount of nodes in a route
Avg Time => Avg amount of time to complete a route
Bench => (Avg Nodes * (Catch Rate * 3)) * (60 / Avg Time)
Routes change per instance. General routes can be found by picking an areaon the top of the page marked by arrows. I recommend fish farming a map that contains both a good day and nighttime gph. Testing still needs to be made for more maps and routes so stay tuned for more.
All values were caught with 875 fishing power except Seitung pools. Those are including the "Tips on Fishing" heart bonus from .
Select a catch value above to see the drop rates. Disclaimer: Take the sample size into consideration. These take a very long time to accumulate so some may have a lot more than others.
General Tips and Info - Fishing holes have ~9 minute respawn rate. Depending on the area and travel, a good loop is an area with ~7 fish holes.
- During dusk/dawn, all fish become available regardless of time requirement. Also the best time to farm Mackerels in any open saltwater.
Fishing Rods Rods are only available at +25 by completing the first story chapter of EoD.
Tips on Fishing This is a 1 hour +50 Fishing Power buff that can purchase from the heart vendor at (southeast). Simply fish around the area to complete the heart. You are able to map travel with the buff. If you have access to the Canthan guild hall, you can exit there to quickly travel to the heart.
Bait All bait, except Mackerels, are +100 Fishing Power. Mackerels are +150. You can obtain these by exchange 5 Fine Fish Fillets at the Fishmonger in Arborstone or in saltwater at anytime with very low chance, but have a high chance of dropping during dusk/dawn in open water. In addition, Fish Eggs can be purchased at this vendor in Sandswept.
Lure Lure can be purchased through a couple of vendors. If you have Arborstone mastery level 1+, you have access to fishing merchants. If you have max fishing mastery, you have access to Amber/Jade fishing lures.
- Wooden Fishing Lure, +50 Fishing Power at via Tournament Vendor, Vendor at the docks, or the heart.
- Antique Fishing Lure, +75 Fishing Power at
- Amber Fishing Lure, +100 Fishing Power at Arborstone (Mastery Level 1+, northwest)
- Jade Fishing Lure, +100 Fishing Power south of
Food Non-ascended food recipes are obtained automatically if you have a Chef leveled up. Ascended recipes can be purchased easily from either of these two vendors:
- Canach Club in Arborstone. Enter through the northwest, in a cave. If you have the fishing or turtle merchants, it is next to them.
- Archaeologist vendor at Echovald
Full Tank & Fishing Masteries Full Tank is the 3rd mastery in the Fishing line. Simply eat any food to be Nourished and you gain 100+ Fishing Power. For every mastery you complete in that line, you gain a passive +20 per for a total of +100.
Fishing Party This is the last mastery in the Skiff line. Once obtained, after each successful catch in a Fishing Hole, you gain a stack for you and those within your Skiff. Your party members can also contribute to the stack for each successful fish captured in a hole. Check the Fishing Buffs table for the breakdown of each tier.
- With 1 person, it will take 99 fish, 33 Fishing Holes to gain max stacks. With 5, it will take ~7 Fishing Holes.
- You can "share" the fishing buff from other party member's skiffs. If you join a party with stacks, you can hop on their skiff to obtain the stack for yourself. You can transfer the stack back to your skiff.